What's wrong with traditional resume-writing services and advice from bookstore job-guides?
- Technology hiring-managers are looking for the "exact-match," meaning that job-seekers need to show they can do the job they are applying for.
- Traditional resume writers tend to "dumb-down" a technology resume, which is counterproductive. Bookstore-books are no better.
- Cover letters are useless. No one reads them. Never pay for a "professionally" written cover. We can help you make your resume speak for itself and write an email intro that will incent the hiring manager to read your resume.
- You can't depend on recruiters to find you a job. Recruiters fill jobs that their clients pay them to fill. You need your resume to interest the right recruiters with the right job openings in your area of specialty.
- You need resume help based on our deep understanding of the technology hiring manager's mindset as well as the recruiters / HR professionals affect on the hiring process.
You need a focused resume that gets you interviews. Our Resume Services can differentiate your resume and help you get interviews
Our Resume Services
Unlike most, we offer our resume services in a way that minimizes your cost and maximizes the improvement to your resume. You know your experience better than anyone else - we offer a variety of packages so you get exactly the help you need.
- We provide our services to professionals in the technology and related industries (engineers, marketing, sales, managers, and executives)
- Our key differentiation is that we bring heavy technical and industry skills, as well as ten years of recruiting experience into the resume-critiquing process. Jon French (our Chief Technologist, Career Coach, and Resume Reviewer) has an MSEE from Georgia Tech, went to Northwestern Kellogg School (Business), and was VP of Engineering for a 100+ person engineering team. Jon also has over 10+ years of experience as a technology recruiter. We are uniquely positioned to provide the highest quality in the field.
Resume Critiquing (We help you help yourself)
- Our recommended initial service (maximum value, saves money) - Jon French and the TECHTalent team review your resume as well as additional data you provide. We return to you a detailed write-up and commentary on the changes we recommend for your resume. This is the least expensive way to get your resume into shape - we make sure you have no "red-flags" that will turn off Hiring Managers.
- In our experience, more than half of all engineering resumes have major issues that impede hiring. Our feedback will be dead-on and might just be the difference.
- Our fee for "Resume Critiquing" is $150 and our turn-around is typically 1-3 days.
- We also offer a Follow-up Review Service (an additional $75)- to review your resume after you have made the recommended changes.
NOTE: although Jon French will be carefully reviewing your resume and making critical recommendations via email, this service does not include a phone discussion. Sessions with Jon may be purchased separately in our career and job-search coaching area.
Resume Critical Care (Your resume needs major help...)
- We recommend first selecting our Resume Critiquing Service as our Critical Care Service is generally not needed. If we believe critical care is needed following resume critiquing, we will recommend it and discount the fee for Resume Critical Care.
- Critical Care provides for a 30-45 minute phone interview with Jon French to gather additional data regarding your background in order to rebuild your resume.
- Critical Care is recommended for individuals seeking a major career shift (such as an engineer wanting to move to product marketing).
- Critical Care is recommended for individuals with English language difficulty.
- Critical care turnaround is typically 1-week.
- Our price for Resume Critical Care Service ranges from $450-500